In this section, you have learned that steel materials are classified–
- To ensure that the composition of materials are held consistent.
- To require steel suppliers to meet or exceed industry classification standards.
- By two similar steel classification systems (SAE- AISI).
In addition, you have learned that a few reasons for material property measurement are–
- To choose the best material for the job required.
- To be able to compare the properties of different materials.
This requires basic understanding of common testing methods, machines and scales.
Page 25 of 25