This mold is engineered to have a “frame”, which is permanently mounted in the machine, and an interchangeable “insert” unit, which includes the A and B plates and the ejector mechanism. The operation of the mold is similar to an A-series tool once the interchangeable insert unit is secured in the frame.
Similar to an A or B-series mold, plate thicknesses are standard. Typically used in short run (small volume) production environments due to the ease of “mold” change.
- (+) Quick mold changes (improved production efficiencies)
- (+) Versatile
- (+) Easier maintenance (lower weight)
- (+) Easier storage (less volume)
- (+) Frequently used for short run production
- (-) Expensive (Must buy frame and inserts)
- (-) Runner typically dictates cycle time
- (-) Two plate design only
Core & Cavity unit= #1.02
Page 6 of 10